3 card poker rules are the first way to get familiar with this amazing game. It combines the adrenaline and the thrill of playing regular poker, but with just three cards. It is an addictive, dynamic, and easy-to-learn game that gives every player a good chance of winning. 3 card poker game rules also differ from traditional poker with the presence of some interesting features. In 3 card poker, your main hand is against the house, not the players. So, you don’t have to be a poker expert to enjoy the game and win. It is a relatively new type of poker and was invented by Derek Webb, the owner of a network of gambling establishments in America. Webb’s main goal was to combine the dynamism of other types of games with fun.
The basic rules to play 3 card draw poker
3 card draw poker is the easiest variation of poker and to learn its rules will not be difficult at all even for a new player. So, for the better understanding of the game you need to keep in mind such important 3 card poker game rules:
- The game is played with a single 52-card deck;
- All the cards and combinations are scored the same as in traditional poker;
- The game usually starts with the ante bet;
- All the players get 3 cards all face down and the dealer gets 4 cards;
- The main goal is to make the best 3-card poker combination possible.
Also, pay attention to the fact that 3 card poker does not provide the exchange of cards that came with the starting hand. This means that for a productive game, you will need to calculate and memorize the chances of falling out of certain combinations.
The betting rules of 3 card poker
To understand how to play three card poker in a casino, it is also important to understand the process and rules of betting. There are four main variations:
- Ante – the primary bet that is required for the competition to start;
- Ante Bonus – a bonus contribution that a participant makes at will in order to take possession of an additional win in conditions when he has Straight, Four of a Kind, or Straight-Flush in his hands;
- Pair Plus – a bonus contribution that is paid if the poker player has a set of pairs or a higher combination. And this type of bet is done before the deal;
- Both Ante and PairPlus bet – it’s possible to play both at the same time.
When the cards are dealt, and the poker player has become familiar with them, he has 2 ways: to respond with a bet, which is equal to the ante in this competition, or simply to fold. In turn, the dealer reveals his set. He compares the combinations demonstrated by the two sides, and so the winner is determined.
As for the winning strategies for playing 3 card poker, there is no specific strategy that would guarantee success. But good preparation will increase your chances of a win. It’s highly recommended to select tables where several players play since the exchange of information about the received cards in this game is allowed, which definitely increases the potential calculation of the options.